Dress code for guests
- Smart for all Graduation events
Dress code for graduates
For the Alumnae Induction Ceremony, Mother Daughter Luncheon, Graduation Mass & Reception and Graduation Ball:
For the Commencement Exercises:
- Graduates are required to wear a simple, knee – floor length dress without a train or wide skirt circumference or an elegant pant suit. The dress/pant suit must be white in colour, with shades from cream to white acceptable. The style should be modest and conform to the academic nature of the occasion with covered back and shoulders, as well as a dignified neckline. Decorative elements such as sparkling trim, fur, tiaras and other dominant hair decorations are not admissible.
- Shoes should match the colour of the dress, and thus be a variant of white/cream in colour. They should have no coloured or diamente decoration. Above all, shoes need to be comfortable (no excessively high heels) since graduates are required to walk up onto stage, as well as make their way across the stage to their seats several times during the ceremony. Flat shoes are permissible.
- A shawl or cardigan matching the colour of the dress/pant suit is also required should the dress/pant suit not cover the shoulders. No gloves are required.
- The pattern, design or a photograph of the chosen dress/pant suit needs to be submitted for approval to Ms Anna-Louise Simpson, Assistant Headmistress, during the week commencing Monday 14 January. A fabric swatch or photograph showing the colour of the dress/pant suit also needs to be shown at this time. The final outfit approval will be at the end of March.
- Guests can park for free on George Road or on the School’s front drive.
- The closest South West train stations to Marymount are Norbiton, Kingston and Raynes Park. These are all short journeys from Clapham Junction, London Victoria and London Waterloo.
The Waldorf Hilton:
- Valet parking is available at the hotel 24/7 at a £55 fee.
- The closest tube stations are Covent Garden, Embankment, Leicester Square and Holborn.
Suggested taxis & hotels
- Dynamic Cars: 020 3488 3484
For the Alumnae Induction Ceremony & Mother Daughter Luncheon, Graduation Mass & Reception and the Commencement Exercises:
- Marymount International School London, George Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 7PE
- 0208 949 0571
For the Graduation Ball:
- The Waldorf Hilton, Aldwych, London WC2B 4DD
- 020 7836 2400
|Thursday 13 February||100 Days Dinner|
|Thursday 19 March||Grade 12 Parent-Teacher Conference|
|Wednesday 25 March||College Transition Workshop|
|Friday 24 April||Grade 12 Final Assembly, last day of classes, and study leave commences|
|Thursday 30 April - Friday 22 May||IB Diploma Examinations|
|Wednesday 27 May||8.30 - 10.30am Graduation Dress Rehearsal (All Graduands must wear dress/pant suit, wrap and shoes)
10.45 - 11.45am Singing practice, Chapel
12.15 - 1.15pm Lunch
1.30 - 2.30pm Alumnae Induction Ceremony practice, Chapel
2.30 - 3.30pm Junior/Senior Advice & Goodbyes
|Thursday 28 May||10.00 - 11.30am Graduation Rehearsal, Sports Hall
11.50am Class of 2019 Procession
|Thursday 28 May, 12.00pm||Alumnae Induction Ceremony, followed by the Mother Daughter Luncheon|
|Friday 29 May||10.30am Graduation Mass Rehearsal, Chapel
12.30 - 1.30pm Lunch
1.30 - 4.30pm Final speech practice for all speakers, rehearsal for Mass readers & singing practice
|Friday 29 May, 5.00 - 7.00pm||Graduation Mass and Champagne Toast
|Saturday 30 May||9.45am Students arrive at Main House
10.15 - 10.30am Group photo
|Saturday 30 May, 11.00am - 2.00pm||Commencement Exercises, followed by Garden Reception|
|Saturday 30 May, 6.30pm - Midnight||Graduation Ball
The Waldorf Hilton, Aldwych, London, WC2B 4DD