The woman behind Sport England’s award-winning This Girl Can campaign is coming to Marymount!
Kate Bosomworth, former member of the Sport England board, will speak to Marymount students and at our Gala about the importance of girls’ participation in sport.
Kate Bosomworth is a an entrepreneur and sports enthusiast. In 2015, she was on the board of Sport England and launched one of the UK’s best known campaigns, This Girl Can, which encourages women and girls to get active.
Kate founded a sports PR agency, KTB PR, and was appointed to the board of Sport England in 2013. She has also been on the government’s Sport and Business council.
- Deadline: Monday, March 16, 2020
- Target for your Grade: one item worth £1,000 + for the live auction on the night and two worth £100 + for the online auction
Remember, these prizes do not necessarily have to cost you anything. It may be that you can promise a skill or offer an experience to which you have free access. For inspiration, visit similar auctions for Schools where prizes may include a garden consultation, dinner cooked by a private chef or a one week stay in a luxury holiday home.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your Grade Rep or the Development Office on email@example.com.
Business Sponsorship & Programme
- Do you have a business you would like to promote to Marymount parents? Become a Gala sponsor and encourage sports for girls!
- Gold level sponsors (£1,000) will receive a full page advert as well as their logo appearing in emails to all parents regarding the event, and their logo will appear in Marymount Matters in July with our thanks for supporting the event.
- Silver level sponsors (£600) will receive a half page advert as well as their logo appearing in all emails to all parents regarding the event.
- If your family would like to send their best wishes to the School and all who are attending, simply book a message in the programme.
To find out more, contact the Development Office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I can’t come to the night itself?
You can be involved even if you are unable to attend the event. You may send your best wishes through the programme, buy Instant Wine Cellar raffle tickets, donate to/bid on auction items, or become a business sponsor of the event. For questions or to get involved, please contact the Development Office on email@example.com.
You can help before, after and on the night itself, sign up here!
What this is all for
The Gala supports the Marymount Girls in Motion appeal. Marymount students are encouraged to build crucial habits for a healthy lifestyle, helping them to become active, resilient women ready to change the world.
Why the spotlight on Sport?
- Physical exercise is vital for our girls’ mental and physical health and a critical part of forming the other IB, her “inner being”
- More than 50% of our students participate in sport/dance outside of PE class
- The pipeline for Varsity Teams is strengthened by increased participation and success in the Middle School
- There is a growing demand for space: larger community events hosted in Sports Hall, more office space needed for an expanding PE and Dance Faculty
- This is a great way to build Marymount pride.
The Marymount Girls in Motion appeal will help completely overhaul the sports provision and outdoor recreation space on campus in order to continue to create spaces which make sense for our girls’ needs
- Phase one: transform the Anne Marie Hill Sports Centre, designed in the late 1970s, to fulfil the sporting needs of students of the 2020s and their need for an additional community space
- Phase two: review the lower tennis court, currently unused, to create more space for the sport and physical education curricula as well as an outdoor recreation area for Middle School students