Marymount International School London was founded in 1955 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM). Our Mission Statement and Objectives reflect the Mission Statement of the RSHM: “That all may have life”.
“Overall, this year has been my favourite year yet, I feel like I have become a better person made new friends and have improved my studies. I feel very settled in at Marymount and am ready to tackle high school!”
Marymount International School London is an independent, Catholic, all-girls, IB world school that empowers young women to be “firm in faith, vibrant in hope, rooted in love and one in service”. Marymount students question, challenge and contribute meaningfully as intellectual and compassionate global citizens.
‘That All May Have Life’
The faculty and staff are committed to the following:
- To encourage each student to understand, live and bear witness to her faith and to deepen her love of and relationship with God.
- To help students to love each other, respect each other’s beliefs, develop qualities of forgiveness and a joyful sharing of life.
- To develop in each student a sense of personal integrity, inner reflection, and responsibility for her own actions.
- To cultivate in each student an informed awareness and appreciation of all God’s creation.
- To stimulate students to think independently, critically and without prejudice.
- To instil a lifelong love of learning and inculcate in students the qualities of scholarship, character, service
- To encourage in students a social consciousness and global awareness which elicit a sensitive and active response to justice and human need in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- To focus on the cultural and international diversity within the School as a forum for understanding and cooperation.